Updated July 23, 2019
The Brown County Leader Network is an initiative that was created from Brown County’s participation in the Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA) Hometown Collaborative initiative (HCI).
Status: We are currently in the process of validating the proof of concept (prototypes) that includes working with volunteers on developing their initiatives and programs.
- COVID-19 – Community Organization Active in Disaster (COAD)
What we do – the Plan: Promote the success of Brown County nonprofit groups and organizations, raise awareness of their positive contributions to our quality of life, support and help recruit volunteers, provide support and a collaborative leadership approach to improvement through application of proven practices, methods, and tools.
Support Services and Process – 2019_02_07 BCLN Guide of Support Services
- Four Common Components in any success story
- Getting Started
- Stakeholder Community – Identification and Analysis
- Program Assessment – Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats (SWOT)
- Community Decision-Making Process
- Strategic Planning
- Project Planning
- Annual Report
- Success Stories
Why we do it: To develop “a more perfect” (better) county that strives to address the needs and respects the values of our citizens.
- The U.S. system of government was designed to be continually improved through actions that result in “a more perfect Union.” We the People are “top management.” Positive change at the local level will contribute to needed change at the State and National levels.
Communication Strategy — Website (WIP) and Brown County Democrat newspaper
- 2020 Goals – Develop 6-8 Projects – Publish Results; Develop a website.
- Offer Monthly Presentations and Workshops – Career Resource Center (CRC)
- Complete by-laws, apply for 501c(3) status.
Additional and Supporting Information and Initative
- Community Development – New Initiative Launch – Jan 30 – Feb 1, 2020
- Articles of Incorporation. 1040645 State Approved Articles of Incorporation Brown County Leaders Connecting Leaders. We are Doing Business as (DBA) Brown County Leader Network (BCLN)