For individuals and/or groups that want support in applying and testing out some improvement strategies, let me know – we are glad to help. The following link provides additional information. Brown County Leader Network – Support services and planning guides. Includes guidance on conducting an assessment, and working through the best options for needed changes.
Mar 19, 2020. Medium. Coronavirus: The Hammer and the Dance. What the Next 18 Months Can Look Like, if Leaders Buy Us Time by Tomas Pueyo. This may be the most comprehensive article on the issues that provide the insights on strategies and expected results.
Crisis Management. A good outline that explains a Four-Phase Crisis Management strategy. Crisis management refers to the process in which the government of a country or the management of an organization develops and implements a plan on how to limit the damage from a particular crisis.
- Prevention. Planning is a very important part of crisis management. This began after 9/11 with funding and training provided by the federal government for the “first responders” (Emergency Management – county and state levels). DoD also created the Northern Command (NORTHCOM).
- Preparedness. Once an effective crisis management plan is in place, it should be reviewed and updated on an annual basis and tested periodically.
- Includes ongoing training, certification, and participation in training exercises
- Response. The crisis response phase is that in which the actual crisis occurs. Having a dedicated crisis management plan and team allows an entity to tackle a crisis or disaster in a calm way, thereby minimizing loss of life, property or reputation.
- Recovery The process of recovery from any crisis can take a long time. When the crisis is over, the focus has to shift on rebuilding, which can be time-consuming and expensive.
- A way Ahead – Brown County Leader Network
- County Government and Offices
- Media – local- National:
- Newspaper: Brown County Democrat – Special Advertising Sections. In order to help your business, we are preparing a special advertising section at a very affordable rate and with liberal payment terms.
- National Media Coverage – Selected articles and references at Indep Voters of BC (IN)
- Indiana (ISDH) 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- America for the Arts – CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RESOURCE AND RESPONSE CENTER
- Brown County YMCA — Coronavirus Assistance Hotline
- Community Groups:
Timeline – Facebook – Brown County Matters (BCM)
- Mar 17, 2020. BCM COVID-19 et.al. by Tim J. Clark How do you deal with a situation that can be described as Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA)?
- Mar 17, 2020. Washington Post. Why do epidemics like the coronavirus spread exponentially and how do you “flatten” the curve”?
- Mar 12, 2020, BCM Added a”Flattening the Curve” cover photo
Timeline – County Government
March 19, 2020. Democrat, County outlines goals, policies during pandemic By Suzannah Couch
- March 18, 2020. Commissioner Meeting – Livestream – Facebook.
- The county’s website, http://www.browncounty-in.gov has a new COVID-19 response tab that will be updated with how the county departments will operate during the health crisis along with contact information for each department.
- The COAD help hotline is 812-988-0001 and there is also a Facebook page.
- Armstrong and Frost recently activated the county’s emergency management plan and they opened the county’s emergency operations center on March 13 “in an effort to coordinate the response and ensure we are prepared to assist our citizens and various public and private partners.”