My name is Timothy (Tim) J. Clark. This is a personal website/blog supporting a Christian and center-right political perspective. The intent of the site is to support change that citizens will conclude contribute to a more perfect (better) county. Improvements at the county level can lead to needed improvements at the national level.
- If interested, additional information regarding my motivation in improving quality is available at my website: Success Through Quality. The site provides a free copy (PDF) of my book and links to my published research papers and articles.
- Published Guest Columns, Brown County Democrat Newspaper
- Brown County Leader Network – Improvement Principles, Methods, Tools
- Concept – Christian, Quality Management and Citizenship Apologetic
I advocate for the application of better methods that include fact, data, and process-based decision making that can result in outcomes where everyone gains, or at least, are not any worse off in the long-term.
Summary of my background:
- Quality improvement practitioner, educator, and author who specializes in the public sector. A senior member of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and former Certified Quality Auditor (CQA). Past Chair, Indianapolis Section of ASQ. Regional Counselor – Public Sector Network and founding member of the Govt Division, Certified K-12 Educator and Trainer. Recipient of three national quality leadership recognitions from ASQ on behalf of the Indianapolis Section.
- Educator, Trainer, Advisor. Developed and taught quality improvement courses through Indiana University – Division of Continuing Studies and Ivy Tech Community College from 1991-2001. Provided consulting advisory services to small and large organizations, profit, non-profit that included the Fortune 500.
- Retired from the Department of Defense – over 35 years service. Served in a variety of administrative and technical postions with a career specialty in quality management.
- U.S. Army Reserve. Retired from the Army Reserve with over 30 years of enlisted and commissioned service. My unit was mobilized for two years after 911 to produce intelligence assessments supporting the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. I extended an additional six months to complete the development of an improved system for assessing technological threats to U.S. forces. My last tour of duty was as the Chief Intelligence Operations Division, U.S. 8th Army, South Korea.
- Education. Bachelor of Arts – Political Science.
- Continuing Education. Christian apologetics, accounting, computer technology, data administration and management, systems analysis, design, programming, quality improvement.
- Master’s degrees in strategic studies and public administration.
- Served on the Brown County Redevelopment Commission and on the Brown County Schools Strategic Planning Committee. Volunteer – Brown County Leader Network.
- Co-administrator of the Facebook Group – Brown County Matters where I frequently post on county government-related topics. Admin for Independent Voter of Brown County In.
- A property owner in the county since 1998, full-time resident since 2014 and a frequent visitor to the county since the mid 1960s.
Vision: Supporting the application of better methods for working together towards a more perfect county and Union.
The Mission of the Independent Voters of Brown County IN is to support candidates for political office and appointees to boards and commissioners that support basic governance principles and will work together towards a more perfect union and county.
“The duties of the office of a private citizen cannot ... be neglected without serious injury to the public.” - Louis Brandeis
Values. Values guide behavior and help people assess the rightness of direction.
- FACTS. Fact-based decision making. Using facts and data (evidence) to help identify and define a problem.
- PROCESS. The science of quality management identifies that processes determine the majority if not all of the result. Identify, document, and continually improve the process.
- SOLUTIONS. When identifying a problem, also provide options/solution (s).
- RESULTS. Assessing results includes identifying what worked, what did not, and what further action may be needed.
- QUESTIONS. “If you do not know how to ask the right question, you discover nothing.” – W. Edwards Deming
Context: The aim of the U.S. political system is to encourage and empower citizens to work together towards a more perfect union. This can be accomplished by taking action that results in outcomes where everyone benefits or at least, will not be any worse off in the long-term. This requires citizens to identify the feedback that will be used to determine if a change is resulting in improvement.
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi
The Independent Voters of Brown County is founded on the overarching principle that the U.S. — as a republic defined by the U.S. Constitution, “… is dependent upon the active and informed involvement of the people for their continued good health” – U.S. Constitution Center
An independent voter is defined as a citizen who votes for candidates based on principles rather than on the basis of political party affiliation, ideology or partisanship.
“ …. upon exiting the Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin was approached by a group of citizens asking what sort of government the delegates had created. His answer was: “A republic, if you can keep it.”