Background: Hometown Collaborative Initiative (HCI)
Meetings: We meet every second and fourth Monday of the month, Library, 6-8 pm.
Presentation of the Concept: 2019_10_24 Concept Walk Through – Leaders Connecting Leaders
July thru October 2019. Priorities: Application support – Jackson Township, program and website design, by-laws. Application Example – Jackson Township
June 10, 2019. Meeting Highlights
- Legal Name: Brown County Leaders Connecting Leaders.
- DBA “Brown County Leader Network”
- We will be establishing a 501c3.
- We approved a proposal for the development and maintenance of a website.
June 3, 2019. Program Presentation – League of Women Voters – Annual Meeting
- Part 1 20190603 LoWV Part 1 WLV 6_3 Lead Presenter – Torrie Ray, support Nancy Crocker, JoAnne Highbaugh, Tim Clark
- Part 2 20190603 LoWV Part 2 Lead Presenter – Tim Clark, Support Nancy Crocker, JoAnne Highbaugh, Torrie Ray
May 31, 2019 Memorial Day 2019 – Post – Leader Cooperation
May 14, 2019 Project Update – Brown County Leadership Cooperative (1)
(1) We are in the process of reviewing the name and governance strategies with the various group in the county to help ensure unity of effort.
- Revised Pathway Project Proposal (Approved). 2019_05_14 HCI BC Leadership Coop RevisedApp
- Leadership Cooperative Strategic Plan – 2019_05_14 BCLC Strategic Plan
- Leadership Cooperative Support Services 2019_05_27 BCLC Guide
- Support – To be available the second and fourth week of the month, Brown County Library, 6-8 p.m. Other dates/times may be available upon request.
Previously Approved Pathway Project 20180104 HCIBC Leadership Coop RevisedApp_Jan4Final
- Changes: Postponed a Food Summit until next year. Guide – Hosting a Food Summit DRAFT
- Shifted the primary focus to immediate support for a variety of projects that can include one or more food-related projects.
- Identified the need to develop a separate 501c3
Updated BCLC Strategic Plan 2019_05_10 BCLC Strategic Plan
Revised Draft BCLC Guide – Support Services 2019_05_07 BCLC Guide
Capstone Project Deliverables
- New Organization – BC Leadership Cooperative – 501c3.
- Website – to contain directory and success stories
- Support Guide
- Mentors and Coaches
- Improved Leadership Capabilities
Concept: Powerpoint Presentation of the Concept. version 2019_03_07
- Agenda items – April 8, 2019, HCI Meeting:-Prep-April 15 Session
- Agenda Items – Mar 11, 2019 HCI Meeting
Project Application Requirements
- 01 HCI Gen 2_ Capstone Project Guidelines and Application Form-FINAL
- 03 Capstone_ Pathway Application _Scoring Sheet
A Capstone Project is a project (s) approved for an investment of up to $10,000. The Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA) – HCI Program contributed $5,000 and the Brown County Redevelopment Commission provides another $5,000.
“Among” the current project proposals is the development of a Leadership Co-Operative.
- A cooperative (also known as co-operative, co-op, or coop) is an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social, and cultural needs and aspirations. (Wikipedia)
Leadership reduces the gap between the desired and current situation. This is done through an assessment, a strategy, and an action plan.
Purpose: Support a shared vision, promote and communicate the successes of existing and new organizations and initiatives, raise awareness of community needs and accomplishments, identify opportunities for volunteers, and provide ongoing support for improvement. The Leadership Co-Op Process includes the following:
- Stakeholder Assessments of Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT)
- Strategic Planning with Stakeholders
- Project Management. A project has a beginning and an end and produces a specific result
The “Capstone Project” is to validate a proof of concept by providing examples of successful applications: Successes can include:
- A Leadership Co-Op Program and a successful project (s). Demonstrate and document how the process was applied and led to the identification and application of the Co-Op Program to a project (s) in a Food related category.
- Development of a new program and project proposal (s) in a Food related category.
- Food Council?
- School Gardens?
- Application examples developed by HCI Team members could include an existing or new program/project or initiative.
- Redevelopment Commission (RDC)
- Arts Commission
- Township Management and Support
- County Council
- Leadership Brown County
- Facebook Groups – Establishing and sustaining
- Running for elected office
- Hosting a Community Forum
- Website – Coordinate Programs and Volunteers
- Community Calendar
- Business Plans (SCORE)