Background: Hometown Collaborative Initiative (HCI).
- Powerpoint Presentation of the Concept. 20181031 Concept Walk Through
- DRAFT RESPONSE – Question 5 – What does your HCI team propose to do as part of your Capstone Project? In particular, address the following in your write-up: a. Identify and describe your Capstone Project. What important local need, concern or opportunity is your project seeking to address? (400 words or less). HCI Application Breakdown – 20181101 TC
- Nov 1, 2018 Email Message sent to HCI Team members. 20181101 Email Message – Read Ahead
Project Application Requirements
- 01 HCI Gen 2_ Capstone Project Guidelines and Application Form-FINAL
- 03 Capstone_ Pathway Application _Scoring Sheet
A Capstone Project is a project (s) approved for an investment of up to $10,000. The Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA) – HCI Program contributed $5,000 and the Brown County Redevelopment Commission provides another $5,000.
“Among” the current project proposals is the development of a Leadership Co-Operative.
- A cooperative (also known as co-operative, co-op, or coop) is an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social, and cultural needs and aspirations. (Wikipedia)
Leadership reduces the gap between the desired and current situation. This is done through an assessment, a strategy, and an action plan.
Purpose: Support a shared vision, promote and communicate the successes of existing and new organizations and initiatives, raise awareness of community needs and accomplishments, identify opportunities for volunteers, and provide ongoing support for improvement. The Leadership Co-Op Process includes the following:
- Stakeholder Assessments of Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT)
- Strategic Planning with Stakeholders
- Project Management. A project has a beginning and an end and produces a specific result
The “Capstone Project” is to validate a proof of concept by providing examples of successful applications: Successes can include:
- A Leadership Co-Op Program and a successful project (s). Demonstrate and document how the process was applied and led to the identification and application of the Co-Op Program to a project (s) in a Food related category.
- Development of a new program and project proposal (s) in a Food related category.
- Food Council?
- School Gardens?
- Application examples developed by HCI Team members:, Could include an existing or new program/project or initiative.
- Redevelopment Commission (RDC)
- Arts Commission
- Township Management and Support
- County Council
- Leadership Brown County
- Facebook Groups – Establishing and sustaining
- Running for elected office
- Hosting a Community Forum
- Website – Coordinate Programs and Volunteers
- Community Calendar
- Business Plans (SCORE)
TIMELINE – Guesstimate
Phase I – Validate proof of concept
- Develop and Design the Leadership Co-Op Program — By Nov 30?
- Develop Food Program and Project Proposals — By Dec 15?
- Other Project Proposals – By Dec 15?
Phase II – Share results with the community – Dec-May 2019
Phase III – Sustain and continually improve the program