Jan 11, 2022. 6:00 P.M. Brown County Matters – Facebook Post
Board Member Vacancy. Debbie Larsh is not continuing on the Board. Her vacancy was announced. The County Council has the authority to appoint the new board member. At the Commissioner Meeting, it was mentioned that John Kennard of the Health Department applied for the position.
Bean Blossom Sewer Plant Budget. $56,064.57 remains of the $270,000 provided by the county council. Project is on “pause”. Land could not be acquired from landowners and DNR did not approvde the use of park land for a sewer plant due to deed restructions on the donated land.
- Options under consideration include receiving service from Helmsburg and an expanded plant may also be able to serve the Lake Lemon area. ARP funding has been requested to fund an Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) required to apply for state and federal funding.
ROI Funded – Brown County Wastewater Infrastructure Strategic Planning Study. The study is near completion – 84% of the work has been billed.
- Given the Septic Summit 2.0 had to be cancelled due to Covid, the plan may be presented through a webinar.
- RAP Grant – Regionalization Study – identified options for the Bean Blossom, Helmsburg, Trevalc areas). The HRSD ARP requst will extend the study to include Lake Lemon. The Lake lemon area has the only “documented” need for sewers along with support from residents. The aging plant in Helmsburg which rwill require upgrades is also identifed as a legitimate need.
- BCRSD – ARP Funding Request – 300K.
- HRSD – wortking on getting a copy of their proposal. it will fund a Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) to cover the Lake Lemon to Bean Blossom Corridor.
Joint Meeting. The HRSD has also requeste ARP Funding. Commissioners have asked for a Joint Meeting – Commissioners, HRSD, and BCRSD to discuss the proposals.