Covers: Taxes (property, levies), Budget and Expenditures, Employment
- Trends 2012-2017 Brown County Local Tax and Finance Dashboard
- 2017 Brown County Local Tax and Finance Dashboard. Shows percent of increases from 2012-2017.
- County Property Tax rates increased by 33%.
- County Total Tax Levy increased by 40.4%.
- Certified net assessment (from which property tax is derived), increased by 5.5% which is below the inflation rate. This contributes to the need to raise income and property taxes.
Source: Indiana Gateway – Local Tax + Finance Dashboard You can also generate reports by Township and the Schools.
- Personal INCOME Tax Rate as of Jan 1, 2018. Brown County is 5th highest in the state. Indiana Income Tax Rates by County as of Jan 1 2018.
- Brown County has the 18th highest median property tax. Zillow (as of May 25, 2018) identifies the median home price in Indiana at $131,100 and the median price in Brown County at $170,700.
- Brown County Townships are among the lowest in property tax rates in the State. Property Tax Rates by County – (Select “All”)
- County Debt Levels – Brown County has the third highest debt per capita in the State.
- Citizen’s Guide to Property Tax
- IU/SPEA – Economic Analysis andCounty Decision Support Model
1 thought on “2017 Local Taxes and Finances”