Cottonwood Church, Brown County Indiana
Affiliation: Village Missions – Helping Country Churches Thrive. Non-Denominational
Biblical Worldview – Audio – Jun 5, 2022 Sunday Sermon – Pastor Ethan Scott dives into Galatians 1:1-5. May God bless you and your family as we grow together in the Word!
- How does persecution happen? Through false teachings – idolatry, dangerous
- Church – lack of unity and integrity in the body of Christ
- Bombardment of manmade ideas that puts the focus on man, not God.
- Cultural Christianity
- Barna Survey – Biblical Worldview Survey
- As a percent of church attendance, the smallest its ever been
- Choose to worship at the church that is closest to the Bible
- Paul’s message against false teachings: False teachings produce idolatry
- Paul’s authority was challenged to undermine the Gospel
- The New Covenant
- The True Gospel glorifies God, man’s religion seeks man’s glory
- How do these truths impact us and how we live?
- Repent, accept and believe in Christ – (leads to eternal life)
- Claim discipleship in Christ, share the Word
- Focusing on good works that bring attention to man and not God, produces division in the church and is idolatry
- As a Church, we must teach the Gospel in every area of our gathering and in our community – scare with truth as opposed to appeasing with lies.
- To ensure we do not proclaim false teachings, we must abide in God’s Word.
- Be teachable – Only God has it all figured out.
- Be gracious and peaceful with your brothers and sisters in Christ.
The denominations that produced the highest proportions of adults with a biblical worldview were non-denominational Protestant churches (13%), Pentecostal churches (10%) and Baptist churches (8%).
Seven Life-Changing Questions (George Barna, Thinking Like Jesus, pg. 14)
- Does God Exist?
- What is the character and nature of God?
- How and why was the world created?
- What is the nature and purpose of humanity?
- What happens after we die on earth?
- What spiritual authorities exist?
- What is truth?