MAPS – Bottom of Page
Brown County Parks and Recreation. Update to a Master Plan (including location of all hiking trails available to the public?) under development
Hoosier Hikers Council – Tecumseh Trail. In terms of hills, the Tecumseh Trail is often considered a gentler version and training ground of the Knobstone Trail, a 52-mile one-way path that is further south in Indiana, near the city of Salem. While the Tecumseh’s path does consist of many large hills, ascents are not typically as steep, long, or frequent as those of the Knobstone Trail.
- NOTE: The Tecumseh Trail is closed from State Road 45 to the parking area south of Beanblossom Creek. See the DNR’s notice here: https://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/properties/yellowwood-state-forest/.
- See the Tecumseh Trail Guide for shuttle options around this closure.
Knobstone Hiking Trail Association. The Knobstone Hiking Trail Association (KHTA) was formed in 2013 to become the steward of this great trail. The KHTA is a non-profit organization dedicated to completion, preservation, and promotion of the KHT. We depend on Association members and volunteers for its very existence. Only a part of it is on public land maintained by government …
- Jan 3, 2020. Morton Marcus: Knobstone could be Indiana’s trail to tomorrow, IBJ. Outdoor recreation, the OR sector, is an important aspect of tourism. Many people happily travel great distances to visit picturesque and unique environs. They enjoy walking, hiking, bike riding, bird watching, bug collecting, climbing, picnicking, playing golf and tennis, and numerous other outdoor activities.
DINO Trail Run Series – Dinoseries – Home. The DINO Trail Run Series takes you to some of the most scenic and challenging trails in central Indiana. Most of these trails are hiking and/or mountain bike trails. On a typical course, you’ll face a variety of challenges; such as hills, dirt, rocks, roots, and occasionally mud and stream crossings.
Brown County Democrat, Oct 14, 2021. Facing a new challenge: Route changes due to railroad crossing closure, By Abigail Youmans . Brown and Morgan counties have hosted runners in a variety of distance events during the Tecumseh Trail Challenge every year since 2003.
- The trail has been a destination for runners from dozens of states who participate in the DINO (Do INdiana off-road) race, with participation growing to more than 700 in 2010. But now the point-to-point race route has been turned into a loop due to the Indian Hill Road railroad crossing closure. As of Oct. 8, DINO and the Indiana Trail Running Association had no progress with creating a pedestrian railroad crossing, forcing them to make the Tecumseh Trail Challenge a looped route. DINO Director Brian Holzhausen said it was a “difficult decision.”
Independent Voters of Brown County IN – Posts Regarding Closing the Access to the Tecumseh Trail
- Part 2. Closure RR Xing, Indian Hill Rd. Opening up the Tecumseh Trail. Correspondence from Groups Outside Brown County working to open up the Tecumseh Trail – (KHTA – Knobstone Hiking Trail Association, Indiana Legislative Trails Caucus Co-Chairs, Do Indiana Offroad (DINO), Chris May, State Representative, Matt Pierce, Indiana House of Representatives.)
- Urban Planning. Urban planning, also known as regional planning, town planning, city planning, or rural planning, is a technical and political process that is focused on the development and design of land use and the built environment, including air, water, and the infrastructure passing into and out of urban areas, such as transportation, communications, and distribution networks and their accessibility.
85 Mile Northern Portion – Knobstone Trail including Indian Hill RR Crossing