Purpose: Identify criteria for selecting and electing candidates in the 2022 County Elections.
- Publish a Five-Year Plan for Roads and Bridges:
- Publish a Five -Year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for County Infrastructure – Buildings and Grounds. Identifies priorities for funding which helps prevent frivolous spending.
- Financial Plan. Update the County Comprehensive Financial Plan at least semi-annually. (The value is following the trends on spending and revenue. Out of control spending leads to tax increases.)
- Publish Agendas, Minutes, Recordings, from all government meetings on the county website.
- Publish the mission and functions of all offices and departments. Include the references to the state code that establishes the legal requirements for the respective office.
- As part of the budget process, each office should include their list of accomplishments from the previous budget year.
- Septic Ordinance. Support a revision that supports compliance with the state code and eliminates all county unique requirements that cannot be justified.
- Application of better methods for assessing the extent and scope of problems, recognizing opportunities and selecting the best solutions. Ref: Brown County Leader Network
2020 County Elections – Platform of candidates from the Democrat Party.
The stated policy of the local Republican Party is to “not” have a county platform. They believe the state and national platform is sufficient.