EPA – Septic Smart. Encouraging homeowners, wastewater professionals, and state, tribal, and local officials to design and maintain effective systems to protect public health, preserve valuable water resources, and sustain economic vitality in their communities.
- 1997 Septic Ordinance – Septic Ordinance 97-875
- Proposed New Septic Ordinance: 2020_11_17 Legal Notice Public Hearing and Septic Ordinance (Public Hearing has been delayed – commissioners planning on meeting with the Health Board to learn more about the justification for the changes.
- Assessment on the proposed ordinance: Nov 24, 2020. BCD, GUEST OPINION: Justification lacking for proposed septic ordinance, by Tim Clark
Jennings County – Septic Regulations & Permits
- *The Jennings County Health Department no longer conducts pre-existing inspections for realtors**
- Residential on-site sewage systems rule 410 IAC 6-8.3
- Steps for obtaining a septic permit
- Application for pre existing septic permit
- Application for new septic permit
Jackson – Septic Info (no mention of a septic ordinance – Online Info and links to state code. Tel: (812) 522-6474
Shelby County. No info on an ordinance. (317) 392-6470
- Septic: We issue permits for all residential and commercial sewage disposal systems that are not connected to a regulated sewage facility. All repairs and new construction must be inspected and signed off by our inspectors. We investigate all sewage complaints. Our records extend back to 1955. Septic permits are $25. Septic installer registration fee $20.
Daviess – Septic System Information
- Requirements For Onsite Sewage System Permit Issuance and Final Inspection
- Daviess County Septic Ordinance 2013-3.
- Septic System Requirements
- Septic System Application
- Septic System Installers and Soil Scientists
- Septic System Application – FULL PACKET
Counties similar in size to Brown
- Septic Ordinance 2001 … On Insurance –– The application shall be
accompanied by a certificate of liability issued by a company
registered in Indiana. The liability policy shall be sufficient to
compensate the property owner in the event of insufficient or faulty
work performed by the contractor.
Perry – Septic System – No Ordinance listed. Online Info provided: Phone: 812-547-2746 X 2
- Septic System Maintenance Procedures (Homeowners Septic System Guide
- The Pike County Health Department environmental health division handles:
- inspection and permitting of food establishments
- inspection and permitting of onsite sewage disposal (septic) systems
- inspecting public or semi-public swimming pools
- inspecting and permitting tattoo/piercing/permanent make-up establishments
|Howald, Amanda||Environmental Health Specialist||Health Department||812-354-8797|
Switzerland . Purchasing A New Dwelling? posted on 2017-09-13 by Donna Faber. If you are planning to purchase an existing home outside city limits, be sure to call the Health Dept to make sure the septic is up to code first! 812-427-3220