Updated Oct 16, 2022
Critical Race Theory (CRT), Diversity Equity Inclusion (DEI)/Equity Inclusion, Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG), are among the many controversial initiatives dividing the country.
Variation is a natural part of creation. Variation represents a difference between an ideal and an actual situation. (Ref: American Society for Quality, Law of Variation). Strategies that create, increase, and sustain divisiveness increase variation. Reducing variation requires an analysis of facts, an assessment of processes and systems, understanding (not necessarily agreeing) opposing points of view, and finding common causes to problems that both sides could agree to help resolve. Outline of a Community Decision-Making Process.
In a biblical worldview, God is the moral authority and defines the ideal as perfection – all needs are met – heaven on earth. In the American system of government, the ideal is continuous improvement towards “a more perfect Union.” The concept has also been expressed as “self-rule under God. ” By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil. (Proverbs 16:6 KJV)
- In the area of quality, the customer defines the ideal. For atheists and agnostics, “man” claims to have moral authority and defines the ideal.
- In Marxist-based philosophies, satan defines the ideal that can be described as resulting in hell on earth.
Within the quality profession, it has been proven through the Taguchi Loss Function that the closer a product or service (including government services and change strategies) gets to the ideal, the higher the quality and lower the cost (tangible and intangible) to the individual (customer) and society. W. Edwards Deming reinforced a similar finding: “Anything less than optimization of the whole system will bring eventual loss to every component in the system” (W. Edwards Deming, The New Economics, p.53)
The variation principle reinforces the fact that actions motivated by a respective philosophy or worldview will produce different results. The design of the U.S. Constitutional Republic was influenced by Judeo-Christian principles that support continuous improvement and a needed balance of power within government and between government and the citizenry.
Cultural Changes – “man” is the moral authority
Black conservative group pens open letter urging schools to drop CRT, adopt 1776 Unites. The Woodson Center’s 1776 Unites initiative aims to teach history, civics, and the founding ideals through an objective lens
Largest teachers union says critical race theory is ‘reasonable and appropriate’ for kids. The National Education Association has contradicted the progressive argument that CRT is too complicated to teach to K-12 students.
- Brown County Schools teacher’s union is supported by the Indiana State Teachers Association (ISTA) which is aligned with the NEA. BCS has an “Equity and Inclusion (EI)” initiative. See also: Nashville’s Human Rights Commission that has identified the intent to work with the schools in support of EI.
What Is Critical Race Theory? PragerU – James Lindsay. Have you heard of Critical Race Theory? If you haven’t, you will. It’s coming to a high school, college, or workplace diversity training session near you. What do you need to know about it, and what can you do to stop it? Presented by James Lindsay – New Discourses
- DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) is considered CRT in action.
- DEI (Marxism) workshops are literally re-education camps, by James Lindsay
CRT in Education Indiana – Legal Insurrection Foundation
- Leading the battle to uncover CRT in Rhode Island is one brave mother, Nicole Solas. She is a stay-at-home mom in the South Kingstown School District whose daughter was enrolled in kindergarten for the coming school year. Her story is covered in depth at Cornell Law Professor William Jacobson’s Legal Insurrection website.
- Indiana has joined other states in fighting back against CRT in K-12 education. The Attorney General, Todd Rotika, issued a Parent’s Bill of Rights in June 2021. Meanwhile, the higher education system has embraced some aspects of CRT and shown support for BLM, with the Republican-controlled legislature remaining oddly silent on the issue. (CriticalRace.org is an ongoing project of the Legal Insurrection Foundation).
Educator Kali Fontanilla Spills the Truth About Education, Interview by Jill Simonian ⋅ 30.4k views. Kali Fontanilla, a former high school teacher in Salinas Valley, CA, quit her job after publicly denouncing the “leftist indoctrination” of students in California classrooms through ethnic studies programs. She talks with Jill Simonian of PragerU Kids to expose the underbelly of our current education system
- About Kali Fontanilla. Kali has 15 years of experience as a credentialed educator working in public and Christian schools teaching multiple subjects and grade levels. Her rebuttal statement to Prop 16 in California helped to stop the push for legal “reverse racism” and a new extreme version of “affirmative action” in 2020. She wrote the guide for the BLEXIT Foundation to expose the dangers of Critical Race Theory. She has been featured in newspapers across the country including the Epoch Times, Associated Press, Boston Globe, etc.
- Exodus Institute. Vision: Exodus Institute seeks to redefine education in the 21st century by joining technology with traditional values. Mission: Our goals at Exodus Institute are to provide families with a quality alternative to public schools, and support homeschool families with enrichment courses that foster critical thinking, academic skills, and counter the left-wing indoctrination found in education, culture, and the media.
BLEXIT Foundation. The BLEXIT movement aims to uplift and empower minorities to realize the American Dream. Founders Candace Owens and Brandon Tatum came together because of their shared desire to build a better future for America. Candace and Brandon seek to educate minorities across America about the history of our great country by highlighting the principles of the Constitution of the United States and the importance of self-reliance. The two believe it is time to take criminal justice reform seriously to stop the over-incarceration of minorities, to build strong families in the minority communities, and to value the life and the sanctity of every individual.
- Critical Race Theory (CRT) is a worldview or framework that proposes that all aspects of life must be explained in terms of racial identities. “Critical race theory combines progressive political struggles for racial justice with critiques of conventional legal and scholarly norms which are themselves part of illegitimate hierarchies that need to be changed.”1 In other words, Critical Race Theory is putting on a color lense at all times and looking at all areas of American life (political, legal, educational, you name it) through the lens of race with the intent to dismantle systems that are deemed “white supremacist”.
- DEI: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion- While the original dictionary definition of these terms may be positive, when viewed through the lens of Critical Race Theory and applied to our schools, they become discriminatory and damaging. DEI is Critical Race Theory in action. These terms will show up in teacher Professional Development trainings, where teachers will be taught to address, discipline, and evaluate their students differently based on the color of their skin.
In 2021, the NEA adopted a resolution that would mandate race-based ideological instruction in public schools across the country. … According to the resolution, the union intends to disseminate its own study that “critiques empire, white supremacy, anti-Blackness, anti-Indigeneity, racism, patriarchy, cisheteropatriarchy, capitalism, ableism, anthropocentrism, and other forms of power and oppression at the intersections of our society.” The NEA specifically says that critical race theory is one of the methods that should be used to teach these topics in school districts around the country. Student scores plunging as educators politicize their lessons
New tool helps parents, students assess DEI ‘sickness level’ at schools. ‘If you can’t measure it, you can’t fix it’
Hidden camera: Educator boasts of ‘sneaking’ left-wing agenda into classrooms.
https://www.wnd.com/2022/09/hidden-camera-educator-boasts-sneaking-left-wing-agenda-classrooms/‘I just keep trying to disrupt wherever I can’
CRT/DEI and Christianity
Like Marxism, Critical Theory is something of a Christian heresy, taking the Christian themes of human dignity and justice and a world remade, and re-orienting these causes under new management. Most pertinently, CRT is slipping into the space where the Church belongs but is too often absent. …. Because, the best antidote for the failings of Critical Theory and its inadequate worldview is for the Church to understand and live consistently with the Bible. (Ref: Critical Race Theory and a Christian Worldview)
Critical Race Theory in the Church by Brandon Clay and Frost Smith on September 29, 2020
- “Ultimately, the only way to deal with race issues is to proclaim the truth of God’s Word and the gospel, beginning in Genesis. Until people believe God’s Word revealing the true history of the human race, what our problem is (sin), and what the solution is in Jesus Christ, race issues will never be dealt with as they need to be. The fact is all humans belong to one race (Adam’s race), we are all one family, and all are sinners in need of salvation. We need to love our neighbors as ourselves (Mark 12:30-31) and we need to be reminded of how Jesus taught us as Christians to pray, “and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors” (Matthew 6:12).”
Three Biblical Problems with Critical Race Theory. How CRT affirms a non-biblical category of race, promotes ethnic discrimination, and promotes a false religion opposed to biblical Christianity
Dr. Voddie Baucham Hits Critical Race Theory, Says … – Christianity Daily. Apr 7, 2021In his talk about Critical Race Theory (CRT), Dr. Voddie Baucham maintained that the Gospel remains to be the “answer and solution” to racism. In a recent interview with Faithwire, Dr. Voddie Baucham expressed his concern with how the CRT worldview has crept into churches, thereby influencing Christianity’s concept of social justice.
Addressing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Nov 3, 2020. Addressing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in the Christian School. The title of this article may have already stirred some emotional response in the reader—topics of diversity often do. As Christians, we can develop more understanding, compassion, and empathy for any group, while holding fast to our biblical worldview and Christian practice. In fact, I believe our faith in Christ encourages us to show God’s love to all people, even if we disagree with them.
State of Indiana – Office of Equity, Inclusion (EI) and Opportunity
Brown County Schools
- School Board – Opposing ESAs and Vouchers. Resolution supported by the Brown County Educators Association (local union), the Superintendant, and School Board. The teachers union is represented by the Indiana State Teachers Association (ISTA) that is aligned with the National Education Association (NEA). NEA supports Critical Race Theory (CRT).
- ‘Be a listening ear’: Teacher is new equity and inclusion coach. On Jan. 21, the Brown County Schools Board of Trustees approved Helmsburg Elementary School teacher Malini Stiles as the equity and inclusion coach for the district. … This is a new position that educators wanted to include in this school year’s teacher contract
SUPERINTENDENT’S CORNER: Students for Equity maps goals for school community This week, it felt appropriate to yield my column space to student voice. As such, I present this column written by the Brown County High School Students for Equity Club, a student-led club working to advance equity and inclusion across our school district.
- There is no legal definition of hate speech in United States law, but … generally “any form of expression through which speakers intend to vilify, humiliate, or incite hatred against a group or a class of people on the basis of race, religion, sexual identity, gender identity, ethnicity, disability or national origin.”
- “Hate speech and symbols, or any language that is derogatory or offensive to certain groups of students, greatly intrudes on the learning environment by isolating and attacking groups of students for their identity, factors they have no control over in their lives,”
Town of Nashville, Brown County Indiana proposed Human Rights Commission Ordinance
- The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Human Rights Program (HRP) is dedicated to holding the United States accountable to international human rights laws and standards as well as the rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.
- Examine Emergency Forms; 2. Opt Your Child Out of SEL, Sex Ed, and DEI; 3. File a FOIA Request Now; 4. Volunteer in Your Child’s Classroom and Library; 5. Don’t Waste Driving Time
What is ESG? ESG refers to the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) information about a firm. There is growing evidence that companies that take their environmental and social responsibilities seriously perform better financially. This has naturally made investors sit up and take notice. (Ref: World Economic Forum)
- “It takes power away from the American people and lodges it into these international corporate titans. And that’s not, I think, what our Founding Fathers ever intended,” he said.
- In terms of ESG influence, DeSantis said asset managers will require extreme environmentalism to be considered along with typical fiduciary responsibilities.
- “They will require ESG. The companies themselves will do it,” he said. “I think there’s a couple of reasons. I mean, I do think part of this is there’s woke employees in these companies and the inmates have basically run the asylum. So some of the CEOs bend to that.”
- Fully implementing ESG governance into the U.S. financial or agricultural sector would throw the nation into chaos, DeSantis suggested– predicting a “disaster” for the U.S. economy.